Sunday, August 14, 2005

Saying No

I said no to driving someone home because I knew I would be tired of driving.
I said no to social activities to stay home to rest.
I said no to helping with an outreach event, even though I used to be very involved with the group, because there are others now doing it and I need to conserve my resources for my small group.
I said no to participating in an online discussion board because I don't have time and I don't really fit in with those people anyway.
I said no to going out to lunch because I didn't have money and I wanted to be alone.

It all feels good.

Maybe I am actually making progress here.

1 comment:

Shanel said...

Oh, the delightful freedom that boundaries bring...I also was practicing the art of saying no and not feeling guilty this last week. Well done, little one!