Monday, July 02, 2007

Simple Gastronomic Pleasures

1. A melting after-dinner mint (or is it called a butter mint?) savored on the tongue in the midst of a culinarily deprived workday.
2. A fresh red plum cut into slices and enjoyed along with a zucchini-egg-homegrown basil frittata and the comforting prayers of a former roommate (Go Kim!)
3. A juicy pub burger served with thick fries (I'm not in England yet ... they're fries, despite the menu that calls them chips) lightly drizzled in vinegar and dipped in ketchup.
4. A scoop of light, tingly and refreshing pink grapefruit gelato served in a sugar cone and retrieved down the block with one's favorite 12-year-old boy (ie: Nathan, who convinced me to walk around the corner with him last night to the gelateria).
5. Daily Orange Spice Green Tea from the Republic of Tea
6. Homemade pizzas spread with fresh mozzarella, basil and heirloom tomatoes (thanks, Julie!)

For a girl who hasn't had much appetite lately, I've sure been eating well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds lovely. I am going up to Wisconsin next week with my mother, step-father, sister, neice, and brother and hopefully we will get to go to the Vineyard this Sunday. I hope that we can so that I can see you and say hi and give you a big hug.
some more gastronomic pleasures are fresh peaches cut on top of really good granola, fresh sweet corn on the cob, a nice crispy apple freshley handpicked prefered but also good store bought.

Stephanie Fosnight Regester said...

Julie, your list is wonderful!!!

I will be there Sunday but am teaching at the 9 a.m. service then attending the 11. I will look for you. If you come to the 9 and don't see me, come into the kids room afterwards to find me.

Unfortunately I have lunch plans so I will not be able to go out with you after (even if you are available)

Can't wait to see you!!!