Thursday, July 26, 2007

Facebook found me at last

Sus has been (gently) pestering me to join Facebook so tonight I did. In fact, she sent me the invite so that she could be my first friend! And you are, Sus. You are tops on the friends list in my book, along with Carmen, Melle and other tried and true friends of the heart.

So perhaps you're just discovering my blog now because you're a long lost pal who's wondering what the heck I'm up to. Here's the short summary:

1. I am an award-winning features journalist for a string of 59 suburban papers in the Chicago area. I've lived in Chicago for 5 years now. My articles can be found at: http://www.pioneerlocal.com/evanston/lifestyles/index.html

If it's a health, food or home story, chances are I wrote it.

2. I am about to leave my plum job to spend a year volunteering for a church: The Trent Vineyard in Nottingham, England, to be precise (www.trentvineyard.org) I'll be doing an 11-month servant leadership program called the Discipleship Year.

3. I am dealing with the aftermath of a broken engagement. I decided to leave up on here the photos and posts that chronicled my dating relationship and then my engagement, because this experience, while horribly devastating, has played a huge role in making me who I am. I am such a different person than I was on May 31, the day that my ex ended our relationship. The nine months that went before seem like some kind of surreal dream now. But it has been enough time and I have cried enough tears that I am beginning to recover my own sense of equilibrium and excitement, which is very good considering I am about to embark on a huge adventure!

4. I'm so sleepy now and am heading to bed. But I look forward to reconnecting with old friends!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This has nothing to do with current blog but rather a comment I saw of yours about Hayfords book "Beauty of Spiritual Language". I would encourage you to once again pick the book up and further read. The beginnings are introductory to his personal experience, yet further on in the book he gives precise and understandable knowledge of the gift and of the language. Please don't cut/sell yourself short by not continuing. This is the most widely used book on the subject, cross denominationally, out today. Just read it but be sure to ask the Holy Spirit to reveal the heart of Christ to you before the first page. It's not about having the gift or not having the gift of tongues, but the phenominal daily life journey so ouniquely given to us by God Himself. Blessing to you as you read (hopefully). Thanks for listening.