Sunday, July 15, 2007

Roommate Night!

 
 
 

On Friday evening, Sara, Erica and I attended a free, outdoor performance of "Meet Me in St. Louis" at Gillson Park in Wilmette. It was a huge treat to see my favorite musical performed live and with a full orchestra, too. We brought along a bottle of wine but, after opening it, were firmly informed we could not have alcohol in the park. So we got drunk on a German chocolate cake, instead (and drank the wine when we got home, all merrily singing along to my Judy Garland recording of "Meet Me in St. Louis.")

Meet me in St. Louis, Louis
Meet me at the fair.
Don't tell me the lights are shining anyplace but there
We will dance the hoochy-coochy
You will be my tootsie-wootsie
If you will meet me in St. Louis, Louis
Meet me at the fair!!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: