Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Strawberry Fields Forever!

Here are the various strawberry-related foods I ate yesterday while working on a food story:

1. Strawberries whole
2. Strawberries sliced
3. Strawberry bruschetta
4. Strawberry-BBQ chicken
5. Strawberry salad with arugula, goat cheese and pine nuts
6. Roasted vegetables, chicken and strawberries
7. Minced garlic spread with bits of strawberries inside (on fresh Italian bread)
8. Strawberry cannoli

I was also offered a strawberry margarita. But I was working!

Can anyone guess what the theme of the food story is? (For a hint, go here: http://www.longgroveonline.com/strawberry.html)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

cantaloupe?

Stephanie Fosnight Regester said...

That's funny you said cantaloupe (whoever you are) because when I wrote that I thought, "Some smart aleck is going to say something completely different like 'cantaloupe.'" But that I picked the exact right fruit is amazing ...

Anonymous said...

it was the first fruit that came to mind...must have been on the same channel that day :)