Friday, June 23, 2006

Don't Hit My Car!

Ah, the joys of city living and street parking.

From my bedroom window I can watch the cars come and go. And parallel park. Or attempt to parallel park.

Now, I am not the world's best parallel parker but some people are SO bad!!! I am watching this woman in a little black car trying to get into a huge space. She has been working on it the whole time I have been typing and she is STILL working on it.

I am watching because my car is behind hers and I'm cringing each time she gets a little too close. I often watch other people hit my car, though it's usually just a little nudge (or a "bumper kiss" as one friend called it) and that's OK, because sometimes you have to nudge the other car just a tad in a tight space. But yesterday as I came out the door I saw a lady parking who hit my car with quite some force. I groaned and headed for my car. When she saw me come out the door and realize where I was going, she sat in her car so she wouldn't have to say anything to me (I imagine--that's what I would have done). But no damage was done.

At last! The lady has finally parked her car, after about 20 tries. There are a good four feet on either end of the bumpers. Good thing she's not trying to park in Rogers Park!

No comments: