Tuesday, September 13, 2005

No Thin Man for Me :(

I was sitting on our "couch" (made of two cushy chairs) watching "The Thin Man Goes Home" on my lovely big 27-inch TV and revelling in my evening off, when the buzzer rang. It was a flute lesson! Kim had told me about it, but 7:00 p.m. is a weird time for a lesson, so I was not prepared, and she'd not yet come home.

So I hastened to my room to watch the movie on my laptop, but the DVD player is not working correctly. So now I am sitting on the floor, typing, and wishing it were 7:30. Only 15 minutes to go!

It's been super-fun watching the complete Thin Man collection. That is one of the perks of my job. Now that I sit with all of the entertainment editors, I'm part of the movie-borrowing loop. Especially since the guys are constantly reviewing fun boxed sets, like the Thin Man and the Complete Monty Python. I've also got the complete Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers collection ready to go.

On the negative side, my yummy toasted whole wheat English muffins with raisins and cinnamon are getting cold. (Or "British muffins" as Trader Joe's labels them. Why? Is it more organic or something?)

10 minutes to go...who will be murdered in this film? And will notorious alcoholic Nick really stay on the wagon? Stay tuned...

1 comment: