Monday, January 21, 2008

Welcome to my private blog

Hello! In just a few short weeks, I'll be launching a public blog from the Chicago Sun-Times Web site, to appear in conjunction with an article I'm doing for the Sunday travel section about my year in England. The editors and I agreed that my personal blog should therefore go private, since I will need to maintain a modicum of professional privacy in my new Sun-Times blog. (When the new blog goes live, I'll post the link on here).

That means that you now must be added to my approved list before you can read this blog. I do know I have many blog visitors who are acquaintances, so if you know of someone who might like to get added to my list, simply ask them to send me an email at: stephaniefosnight@gmail.com I'd be happy to put them on it.

I've just posted a ton of fun photos from my Christmas holiday. I started out by flying to Phoenix for 8 days, which I spent happily with my family in Mesa, Tucson and Mexico. I then spent another week in Chicago for my dear friend Sus' wedding and to see other wonderful friends. I've posted several sets of photos below.

Here are a couple of pictures from my exciting day out this past Saturday. My sweet friend Emma and I drove to the National Peak District in Derbyshire (just about 90 minutes from Nottingham) to spend a day searching for natural beauty. We had a marvelous time, and as you can see from these photos, discovered some rather dramatic scenery. We picknicked and drank tea on the edge of the cliff, and even spent about an hour sitting by a (very swollen) river praying for one another. It was a chilly, misty, extremely muddy day, but as long as we kept moving we were fine. I still haven't managed to get all of the mud off my Doc Martens, but it was worth it!

Just in case you'd like to see even more photos from my recent Christmas fun, here are links to several public galleries on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=76821&l=69efb&id=807395516

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=76290&l=c5806&id=807395516

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=83656&l=4e982&id=807395516

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Julie said...

Gorgeous pictures of the Peak District. I am sooo jealous. It seems that the trend is for people to leave here and go to England.
Susan Hundley, You and now Sus. Maybe I should follow the trend. It sure would be an adventure :)

You look like you have the most amazing glow about you right now.

Stephanie Fosnight Regester said...

Come to England, Julie!