Monday, October 02, 2006

Homemade applesauce!

Tonight I made the fall's first batch of applesauce. I also roasted a sweet potato. And I stuffed other apples with grilled pork, slivered almonds and dates and baked those topped with Lithuanian cheese. Thanks to Mom and Dad for filling my fruit bowl with farmer's market bounty during their marvelous visit last week.

I miss Mom and Dad but I love the apples and leftover grilled pork, chicken and vegetables! (Not to mention the crack corn they brought me from Basha's in AZ).

I love fall food so much that I wrote about it in Tidbits, the food column I write every month that appears in 200,000 newspaper. They say half a million people read the food section. It's a little daunting to think that many people know about my personal life--of course, I'm the one who chooses to share!

Here's a link to the apples column:
Tidbits 9/21/06

3 comments:

Stephanie Fosnight Regester said...

If anyone read the column, be sure to ignore the very last line. That was actually the pullquote that ought to have been deleted when the story went online, but we have a new Web site and the kinks aren't all worked out yet.

Anonymous said...

Mm! sounds yummy. Good column, too.

Kathy B. said...

I love fall food.