Sunday, July 30, 2006

Dog Days

It's hot. And humid. And my tomato plants are dead. I am grieving.

However, I had a lovely time tonight at Ravinia Music Festival with Ellena. We saw Jorge Federico Osorio (I think that's his name) playing Mozart piano concertos with the CSO. It was gorgeous music.

Then Ellena and I went to Cosi's for dinner.

Before that, Sara and I scrubbed out the fridge and cabinets in preparation for our new roommate Erica. I love how pretty the fridge is when it's all gleaming and organized. But there were some *scary* things in there. Mostly from Trudy ... or at least we said they were her scary things because she wasn't here to take the blame!

Before that, I had lunch with pals at Pita Inn. Gourmet falafel sandwich for the win! Before that was church.

Last night, Kathy and Alex invited me over for dinner. It was yummy! Then we went to Lighthouse Beach and swam in cool Lake Michigan as the stars came out. There are times when Evanston really does sound idyllic.

And before that, Laura and I spent a great Saturday afternoon dodging the heat--first with Greek food in the air-conditioned Cross-Rhodes cafe, then panting before fans in my apartment watching "Hope Springs" (not recommended, despite the presence of Colin Firth).

I think I ate out too much this weekend. But it was fun. And air-conditioned.

1 comment:

Kathy B. said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! Especially the part wih Alex and Kathy;)