Thursday, July 14, 2005

Words from Christy

My "email friend" Christy has now become a blog friend. Christy and I have never met in person, though we attended the same conference three years ago. I made another virtual writing friend, Dan, as a result of that conference. Dan emailed all of the attendees a couple of weeks afterwards (it was for young adult leaderly types in the Vineyard church) asking if there was anyone else interested in *good* Christian writing. I responded, as did Christy, and the three of us began a stimulating email dialogue that lasts to this day and has spanned the country as the three of us have moved around. Both of them have broadened my horizons in wonderful ways.

I am a big fan of Christy's poetry. I snatched this gem from her blog.


Friday, July 01, 2005

untitled (fragment)

love
will rip your heart out hand it back to you
like a totalled car and still you sign up for it
the next time the clipboard passes you by
I don't know why

it's like
the tenderness that feeds the fragile you
to life again and stays the darkness of the world
for 3 bright seconds then leaves again

I don't know why
for once
I wish that we could get it right but bungling
is what our talent's in; in cherishing we rub
the magic from the wings - we touch too much
I don't know why

http://palecitystars.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Another mystery for you to solve - guess who! Fun thing is, you can't tell from my handwriting who this is. But I'll give you a hint, you may be able to tell who it is from my spelling!

Never knew you had a blog. Way to go - modern woman. I'll try to keep up on it!